Season Opener: Toledo Speedway
- 9:00 AM : Gates Open
- 9:15 AM : Technical Inspection and Group Assignment
- 10:30 AM : First car on track (open drift)
- 12:00 PM : Group A
- 1:00 PM : Group B
- 2:00 PM : Group A
- 3:00 PM : Group B
- 4:00 PM : Open Drift
- 6:00 PM : Event Ends
Tentative Car Show Schedule:
- 9:00 AM : Gates Open
- 12:00 PM : On-track Burnout Competition!
- 2:00 PM : Limbo Competition!
- 4:00 PM : Exhaust Competition and Awards
Car Show Categories:
- Best of Show JDM
- Best of Show KDM
- Best of Show Domestic
- Best of Show Euro
- Host's Choice (Our favorite overall)
- People's Choice (the crowd's favorite overall)
- Best of Show Truck
- Best of Show Bike
- Lowest Car (Judged by limbo)
- Best Club Representation
- Loudest Car (Judged by Exhaust Competition)
* Bringing a group to the show? Let us know! We will gladly reserve spots for you! *
DRIFTING THE 1/2 MILE:
We will be running the half mile track at Toledo Speedway this year! This part of the track is restricted to Group A ONLY. Prerequisites for Group A are:
- Full cage (including door bars)
- Onboard fire suppressant system (at least a 2lb fire extinguisher)
READ BEFORE BUYING GROUP A TICKETS:
Do not buy a Group A ticket if you are unsure whether or not you will be placed in Group A. The half mile track at Toledo Speedway is very steep and is bordered on both sides by walls. Only experienced drivers will be allowed on this track. If you are unsure of which group you will be placed in, please purchase a Group B ticket. If we decide that you are to be moved to Group A, then you may pay the difference of the ticket at the event and you will be permitted to drift the half mile. Note: If you have been placed in Group A by another drifting organization (e.g. MDU or MIDrift), then you will more than likely be placed in Group A by EPAutomotive. If you are unsure, feel free to contact us with your driving history and vehicle specs. Our staff will gladly help you out!
- DOT or SNELL approved helmet (SA2005 or newer)
- Closed-toed shoes
- Vehicle may not leak any fluids
- Wheels must be securely attached with proper number of lugs
- Body panels must be securely attached (removal of body panels is permitted)
- Windshield must be free of any obstructing cracks, chips, or markings (if your windshield is cracked, message our staff)
- Tandem Requirements:
- Full cage (with door bars) is required for tandems
- Some type of fire supressant system is required
- Harnesses with HANS device is preferred, but is not required
- What should I bring the day of the event?
- If you registered online, please bring a photo ID showing the same name that is on your registration. If you did not register online, please bring payment for the event at the gate. Note: there may not be available spots for drifting at the gate, depending on volume of online registrations. Please check with our staff if you are worried about available spots.
- Bring any necessary tools, extra fluids, towels, etc.
- What group will I be in?
- Short answer, we don't know. Group assignment is decided at time of the technical inspection, based on how your car is built. Group assignment is also based on driver skill. Depending on the track layout, you may not be assigned a group until after open drift. On the other hand, we may decide to move you from one group to another based solely on your skill level. This isn't done to single anyone out, we just do this to keep similar-skill drivers together. It helps the whole day go a lot smoother, and drivers have more seat time.
- If you have been assigned to Group A before, let us know. Chances are you'll be in Group A again.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE EVENT:
- Head to our registration table. Our staff will get you signed in and paid if you haven't registered online. You will be given a wristband and a liability waiver.
- Take your vehicle to the pit area and prepare it for the technical inspection.
- Get inspected and assigned a group.
- HAVE FUN!
Note: If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org